Member Card Debit Card
With your TCU Member Card debit card, you can access your accounts easily at any time, worldwide. Your CHIP card provides enhanced security, making a safe payment system even safer.
What you can do with your TCU Member Card debit card:
- Withdraw cash through ATMs (see networks below)
- Make direct payment purchases with merchants
- Deposit cash and cheques to your account
- Check your account balances at ATMs
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Make electronic bill payments at select ATMs
- Request a mini statement at select ATMs
- Change your chip card PIN at select ATMs
THE EXCHANGE Network
Avoid paying additional surcharges at over 2200 credit union ATM's across Canada! Just look for THE EXCHANGE logo at or near the ATM to avoid surcharges.
The banks and credit unions on THE EXCHANGE Network have agreed to never charge each other’s cardholders surcharge fees. You will never pay additional fees to access your own money even if you use another Financial Institution’s Exchange ATM. Normal account fees may apply. Learn more about THE EXCHANGE Network.
THE EXCHANGE Network ATM locator is now available as a free download from the iPhone App Store. You can now find surcharge free Exchange ATM locations by using your iPhone anywhere in Canada.
Convenient Access around the World
Your TCU Member Card is welcome at ATMs and merchants across Canada and around the world through the networks identified below:
THE EXCHANGE Network – use your debit card for full service ATM access across Canada without additional surcharges. Also, The Exchange Network is still available to you when you’re traveling within the United States. The majority of Exchange ATMs in the USA are also surcharge free but you may find that some states will have a nominal charge.
INTERAC Network – use your debit card at ATMs and for direct payment (point-of-sale) at participating merchants across Canada.
ACCEL Network – use your debit card for direct payment (point-of-sale) at participating merchants in the United States.
CIRRUS Network – use your debit card to make cash withdrawals at ATMs worldwide.
Protect your PIN
The computer chip in your card provides additional protection to avoid disclosure of personal information and is very difficult to copy, creating a multi-layered defense against fraud and identity theft.
This doesn’t mean you should stop doing your part:
- Use your hand or body to shield your PIN during every transaction conducted at an ATM or at the checkout.
- Keep an eye on your debit card when conducting a transaction at the checkout.
- Check your banking statements regularly and contact your financial institution immediately if you detect any unusual activity, for example, purchases you did not make or missing charges.
- Notify us immediately, if your debit card is lost, stolen or retained by an ATM.
- Memorize your PIN - only you should know it. If you suspect that someone knows your PIN, even a friend or family member, change it immediately.
- Select a unique PIN. Never use obvious information, such as, your telephone number, date of birth, address or Social Insurance Number. These are numbers often stored in the same place as your debit card enabling criminals to easily guess your PIN.
- When using an ATM, if you suspect anything unusual do not use the machine and report it to the financial institution immediately.
- Remember to take your card when the transaction is complete.
- Be alert. If someone is watching you or makes you feel uncomfortable, cancel the transaction and use a different machine.
NexusCU – Your Community Credit Union, You Belong With Us!